2 very ripe bananas, mashed
3 tablespoons natural yogurt
2 tablespoons honey
150g self-raising flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
Handful of nuts or dried fruit (optional – I used pistachios)
How to prepare
- Heat oven to 180 degrees and grease and line a 2lb loaf tin.
- Mix together the mashed banana, yogurt and honey until combined, then stir in the eggs.
- Add the flour and baking powder together and mix into a fairly thick batter.
- Chop your nuts into small chunks and stir through the mix to distribute evenly.
- Scrape the mixture into the tin and bake for around 30 minutes until the top of the cake is golden brown and a skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Enjoy with a cup of tea!